Wednesday, May 12, 2010

And so it begins...

It's 1:45 pm on Wednesday May 12th. I'm leaving Albany for 30 days. 4 weeks. I'm in a van with Hans Leibold, Sean Doody, Pat Kindlon and Andy Rice. There's half of an oatmeal cream pie in my pocket. Healthy. We were supposed to leave about 3 hours ago, due to some minor van repairs before we left, we had been held back. My day started Tuesday morning...I knew I wasn't going to get much sleep(I napped for an hour and half earlier this morning) but I wasn't expecting what I was going to be informed with. I went by my grandmothers house to say good bye and that I'll be back soon enough. My grandmother had been suffering from vertigo recently. When I'm not working I'm usually with her helping her out. It turns out that there is a mass on her brain. Most of my evening was spent figuring out what I was doing, should I go or should I stay and be with my family? She told me to go. So here I am. All good comes with the bad and even though I mostly think I get the shittiest luck in the world. I left, hung out for a bit at home and with some friends, gathered my belongings together, smoked a huge blunt with my brother, Lacy and Chris, went to Night Moves with Pat, Andy and some fine specimens of the female gender, went home and just sat there. So here we are in a van driving from Albany NY to Richmond VA. I did a shot of moonshine with Mr. Rice before departing. He also has a blog going for this tour as well; http://youarebeneathme.blogspot.com, I think he has a weird man crush on me. So, I have a lot of time stuck in the van. Here are my days.

1 comment:

  1. YOU WENT TO NITEMOVES WITHOUT ME?! I imagine Pat would be great to go there with.

    ReplyDelete